Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Reuse and Recycle!

Somehow posting about my final guest designer reveal completely slipped by me! If you remember, I was a guest designer on the Pages From the Heart design team for the month of July. I had the American Made collection by My Mind's Eye which is a patriotic line with a very vintage feel to it and my assignment was to create a party favor. I had seen this beautiful homemade utensil caddy on the Yellow Daisy Design blog and this one by Best Creation design team member Kim Holmes. So I decided to give it a try and I am pretty happy with the result!



I started with a cardboard (root) beer box. I covered the whole thing with blue cardstock which took a lot of tracing and use of my craft knife. After that I used the coordinating embellishments and made a rosette and tada! Crafty party decor!

You can read the original post on the Pages From the Heart blog. Thanks for reading!

XOXO,

1 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

Oh I love this ! you turned it into something so special

Post a Comment