Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Leaving on Jet Plane - Simple Stories Travel Layout

Hello there!

Today I have a layout I made for my local scrapbook store, Pages From the Heart. They recently got the new travel line by Simple Stories called Urban Traveler. I found this great sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy and this color challenge at The Memory Nest was perfect for this line!


I combined these two and this is what I got!


This picture was taken at LAX in 2011 when my husband and I were waiting to board a red-eye flight to Miami, which would then take us to amazing Costa Rica. And let me tell ya, we were not this bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 12 hours later!

Thanks for reading!

Linking up with:
Let's Get Sketchy: May Week 1 Sketch
The Memory Nest: May Color Challenge #9

XOXO, 

14 comments:

Carla said...

Wow Becky- love what you did with this Urban Traveller collection - great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!

Debbie P said...

I love this! Awesome job and I love the product choices! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Leslie Germain said...

Becky. Love this layout. That sketch seems to fun to work with. Thank you for linking up. p.s. Cute picture!

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome page!! Love the burst pattern mixed with the map paper, and your long title is really fun! Thanks for playing along with us @ Let's Get Sketchy!!

Brenshevia said...

Beautiful page, love the stitching along the seams. Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Crafty Cucumber said...

Love this layout Becky. I love how you added the arrow to the map to show your destination.

MichelleMc said...

Awesome page! Love it! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Lyndal said...

FAB layout Becky - perfect mix of the sketch & colour inspiration.
I moved from scrapping to card making but I keep thinking I really would like to scrap more :)
Many thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving some love too - MUCH appreciated!!!

Sally Cranney said...

This is darling! Love the map paper and the way you used it with the airplane! So cute!

SketcheswithColor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenessa said...

Great job with the sketch! Really love your choice of PPs. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Katie said...

love your layout so bright and fun. Good luck

Sherri said...

Costa Rica?! So jealous! Red eye was the way to go though, I say. Love what you did with our sketch, and that colour combo is fabulous. Thank you for stopping by my blog. You asked which paper collection I used, it is the recently Flower Box by Doodlebug, they have a few of those coloured woodgrain sheets on their B sides, totally cute. Have a great weekend Becky xo

Melinda Garner said...

I just love your take on the sketch! Perfect papers! Just love your title and elements! Thank you for joining us at LGS!!

Post a Comment