Friday, June 21, 2013

Las Vegas Coke Museum Layout

Hello y'all!

Last week, my girlfriends and I took our yearly "Girl's Trip" to Sin City. It was a wonderful week to lay out by the pool and spend some quality time together. Even though we go once a year (sometimes twice, teachers need to let off steam too!) we usually manage to try at least one new thing. This time it was the "Around the World" taste test at the World of Coca-Cola Museum. We had a blast trying 16 different Coke products from around the world. Some were amazing (hello Smart Watermelon from China!) and some were, well, not (sorry Sunfill Mint from Djibouti!). I printed some photos from Instagram for this latest sketch from Sketches in Thyme.



I looked up all of Coke's slogans from the last 50 years and found this one from 1979 that made a great title. I'm still using my scraps from the Pebbles "Walnut Grove" collection. I guess I'm kind of a country girl at heart! That beautiful mason jar sticker actually said "thank you" so I just found a sentiment sticker that worked and put it right over.

To see what the rest of the design team created with this latest sketch, head over to the Sketches in Thyme blog! Thanks for reading!

Linking up with:
Paper Issues - Let's Get Persnickety! (Instagram pictures)
Lasting Memories Layout Challenges - #144 Tell Me a Story

XOXO,

6 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

I tried that too...years ago. So long ago it was free to do!
I am not a fan of Coke or Coke products but it was still fun and I found some I actually liked.

Your layout is so cute! I love the big kraft heart and the pretty turquoise glitter letters!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Absolutely a FUN LO!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

Paper Issues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Wilson said...

16 different cokes? I thought there was just coke, diet and zero! Wow, I learned something new today!! I love your LO and looks like you had an awesome time!

Thanks for sharing your story with us at Lasting Memories!

ClaireR said...

Great LO! Love how you were able to make a single out of a double page. Love the mixed alpha title.
Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.
ClaireR, LMDT

Leslie Germain said...

saw your layout on sketches in thyme. Had to stop by and tell you that I LOVE it!

Post a Comment